We Gather to Worship
- Welcome and Announcements
- Introit As the deer pants for the water by Martin Nystrom
- Call to Worship (Adapted from Psalm 42)
- As the deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God.
- My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and behold the face of God?
- My tears have been my food day and night, while people say to me continually, “Where is your God?”
- These things I remember, as I pour out my soul: how I went with the people and led them to the house of God with glad shouts and songs of thanksgiving.
- Deep calls to deep; all your waves and your billows have gone over me.
- By day the Lord commands his steadfast love, and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life.
- Send me your light and your faithful care, let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.
- Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my help and my God.
- *Hymn # 451 Dear Father, Lord of Humankind
- Time for the Young and Young at Heart and Presentation of Sunday School Certificates
- Unison Prayer of Confession
- Dear God,
- Thank you for loving us no matter what we do. Today we come to you in a prayer of confession. We are sorry for the many things that we have done that are wrong in your eyes. We are also sorry for all the things we should have done but we didn’t do. Please forgive us. In your name we pray, Amen.
- Declaration of Forgiveness
- Believe the good news of the gospel:
- In Jesus Christ we are forgiven.
- Thank you, God.
- *Hymn # 466 Praise the Lord with the sound of trumpet
We Listen for Christ’s Voice
- Prayer for Illumination
- Lesson from 1 Kings 19:3-12 (The Message)
- The word of the Lord/ Thanks be to God
- Come, Holy Spirit by Victor Johnson
- Words from the Anthem Come, Holy Spirit, come! Fill us with your holy presence,
- Come, Holy Spirit, come!
- Let your all consuming fire fall on us.
- Holy Spirit, truth divine, dawn upon this soul of mine;
- Word of God and inward light, wake my spirit, clear my sight. Holy Spirit, love divine, glow within this heart of mine; kindle every strong desire, perish self with thy pure power. Fill us, with your mighty power.
- Sermon Looking for God in all the Wrong Places
We Respond to God’s Call
- *Hymn # 666 Living God, your joyful spirit
- *Doxology # 79
- Prayer for Blessing of the Offering
- Pastoral Prayer and Lord’s Prayer (debts/debtors)
- *Hymn # 480 In Christ there is no east or west
- *Benediction and Amen Sing Amen # 264
- Postlude Dona Nobis Pacem (Grant us Thy Peace) by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart