What time does the service start?
What is the service like?
- Classic reformed service
- beautiful music accompanied by the organ
- preaching that emphasizes how the Bible speaks to our lives today
- many elements that foster a sense of warmth and friendliness
What about my children or grandchildren?
- we start worship all together
- minister has a time set aside to chat and pray with the children
- they then head off to Sunday school for elementary school aged children and middle school young people
- we enjoy occasional all ages services, where we welcome our children and youth into the whole worship service. on these Sundays the service is framed to make their participation enjoyable for children and grown ups alike
- during the summer, there is casual Summer Sunday school
Is the building accessible?
Yes. To enter the Sanctuary, go to the Broughton Street entrance. To enter the Kirk Hall, enter from Courtney Street.
What’s the best way to get there?
- Most buses that go to the downtown stop at a bus hub in front of the Bay Centre.
- Get off here and walk the two short blocks south on Douglas St.
- The church building is on your left many visitors to the city walk the short distance from the downtown area hotels car to the downtown, ample free parking around the church
Where’s the best place to park my car?
- Parking is free after 6pm Library parkade free on Sundays and after 6pm, 1st hour free all week
parkade two options:
- complimentary parking next door (enter off Broughton Street), 10am – 1pm (be sure to pick up a voucher in the foyer
- complimentary parking kitty corner from church, sussex street parkade, 10am-1pm Sundays and after 6pm Tuesday
What should l wear?
- most wear what’s comfortable to them
How does communion work?
- We hold communion at special services a few time throughout the year
- All who are trying to follow Jesus are welcome to take part, no matter what denomination.
What does St. Andrew’s believe?
- followers of Jesus Christ
- unity in diversity
- invite reading a fuller statement