Advent 1- Christ at the Movies
What did people do before the lights and sounds of Christmas? The days were getting shorter and maybe some felt the angst Halloween helped us poke fun at. In those days, there were no twinkling lights, joy-filled music, frenetic shopping or jolly red-nosed elves to break the darkness. This first week of Advent, take time to consider the power of hope, and where we might find it.
- What does Hope usually look like?
- Isaiah 60:1-5.
- How is hope described?
- “It’s a Wonderful Life”.
- Losses bring hopelessness.
- What are the ways hope is nurtured in the character’s lives?
- Who acts upon whom?
- Light a candle in a very dark room.
- Spend 5 minutes in silence, watching the flame.
- As you do, invite the Spirit to whisper about what hope looks like.
What difference does it make?
- What are you hoping for?
- Think of a situation in your life, or in the world, where there’s hopelessness.
- How could hope be nurtured?