Christmas is all about transformation from “everyday” to extraordinary. We add ornaments to a tree, decorations to a home, and fruit to a cake. We even celebrate a baby laid in a manger. As the Christmas season nears its end, wonder about how the ordinary becomes extraordinary.
- What comes to mind when you hear the word "new"?
- Revelation 21:1-6 is about the new.
- What pictures are used to describe the "new"?
- Looking at verse 3, what is the source of all this newness?
- “A Christmas Carol”, whichever version you choose.
- Scrooge’s journey is one of renewal. How does this happen?
- Plant a seed.
- What supplies will you need?
- What will have to happen to the seed?
- What will the results look like?
What difference does it make?
- Think of a situation in your life, or in the world, where renewal is needed.
- What would it look like to bring renewal there?