Three scriptures from the Old Testament explicitly refer to homosexual behaviour. Yet these texts are about more than only sexual activity. Explore with us the themes of love, justice and hospitality that are also there.
- What does the phrase “faithful interpretation of the Bible” mean for you?
- Share an example of a time when a Bible study or sermon helped you understand a passage of scripture in a new way. What helped you understand it differently?
- How do you understand the law (such as the Holiness Code in Leviticus 17–20) in connection with your own Christian faith?
- After examining these Old Testament texts that speak to same-gender sexual activity, what is your dominant impression? What is clarifying? What is challenging? What is distressing?
- How can we as Presbyterians disagree about how we interpret the scriptures and still remain together as a unified church? What other subjects can you think of where we disagree on how to interpret scripture across our denomination?