Practising the Path of Prayer
“Jesus reminds us that prayer is a little like children coming to their parents. Often we are grieved by the meanness and selfishness in their requests, but we would be all the more grieved if they never came to us.” (Richard Foster)
This week, start your prayer journey by being honest with God. What’s going well in life? What are you concerned about? What has made you angry? Prayer is not about the rightness of the words, but the authenticity of the heart.
You’re also invited to practise the path of prayer with friends on Tuesday at noon or 6:30pm.
- Jesus: not what we expected
- We’re more than God’s servants
- God is more than our Father
- Prayer re-frames our problem
- Prayer: The Great Adventure, Chapter 5 “Praise: Approaching a Holy Father”, David Jeremiah
- Prayer: Finding the Heart’s True Home, Chapter 1 “Simple Prayer”, Richard J. Foster
- Hallelujah: The Bible and Handel’s Messiah, Session 5 “Behold the Lamb of God”, Carol M. Bechtel